Wednesday, November 04, 2009

Oh Patience, how you vex me

Kimi ni Todoke
It's not that I'm incapable of restraint, I'm just not, in general, built for patience. I tend towards being impulsive. I prefer my gratification to be of the instant variety as opposed to the delayed kind. I admit this as a preface to the snapshot of my last two Wednesdays.

On both days I woke up earlier then usual, and checked the Internet to find that, huzzah, a fansub of the newest episode of Kimi ni Todoke had been released. I happily started the download, and went off to do my usual shower, and get dressed and ready for work routine, just like every other weekday morning. Upon completion I settled down and started watching the newest episode. And both times it was joyous, and both times I loved watching it, and both times when it was over I started swearing to myself because I now had to wait an entire week to watch the next episode. I have gone to work the last two Wednesdays very annoyed at that fact.

One would think that since I own the first two volumes of the manga, and already know what is going to happen next, I wouldn't be so impatient to watch the next episode. One would think that seems reasonable. Sadly one would be very much incorrect in that thought process. This is why I like watching anime that is already complete, and I have full access to; I can stop when I want to stop, not when I have to stop. So to reiterate, delayed gratification – not my strongest suite.

Of course now that I've admitted all that, I have to say I've shown what I think is pretty excellent restraint and patience on the Beatles front. I didn't go all crazy and buy all of the remastered CDs in one fell swoop. I have been steadily buying them in reasonable batches, and have only the Magical Mystery Tour, and Yellow Submarine left to get. I'm probably going to use this as an excuse to pick up Let It Be... Naked as well. Ultimately I opted to get the Wii version of The Beatles Rock Band, buying an Xbox 360 for the sole purpose of playing Rock Band proved to be a bit too excessive. Although as I stated last time, I'm now going to have to buy a Wii at some point in the future when my roommate and I stop being roommates. But since that is some undefined point in the distant future, I can live with that.

For the record, I'm really loving the new CDs, and yes I can hear the improvement in sound quality between the two versions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I go to work many times annoyed. But its not cus i have to wait a week for a new episode of a show I like. It's cus work kinda sucks sometimes. Good post