Friday, December 14, 2007

A brief update from the World of Warcraft

Captured Firefly
Last night I reached another milestone of WoW geekery. This particular milestone intersected with my Sci-fi fandom, and in actuality I probably only consider this a noteworthy achievement because of that intersection. After much grinding in Zangarmarsh, a Captured Firefly dropped for Chipple. So what does this this little guy do for my mage? Like all vanity pets in WoW, it does absolutely nothing. Well it looks pretty cool, and of course the real reason I wanted it was because it's a reference to Joss Whedon's late, lamented TV series Firefly.

To illustrate the reference I directolol the small pets your attention to this post's second picture, specifically to the flavor text located just below the green instructional text. If you aren't getting that reference, you aren't much of a Firefly fan. For the curious you'll note I have several other small pets happily sitting next to my Captured Firefly. I've got a Parrot Cage from my first trip into the Deadmines, my Rat Cage from Children's Week, and my Wolpertinger's Tankard from Brewfest. What can I say I like my non-combat pets.

No comments: