Friday, February 09, 2007

Unpleasantness

plunger.jpg
I just finished an especially unpleasant job. Wednesday night after I got home from work I decided to wash a load of clothes. So I threw some in my washing machine in my basement and basically forgot about them. The rest of the night was pretty typical, and included a number of otherwise mundane happenings like running some water in the kitchen sink to wash a few dishes, running some water in the bathroom to brush my teeth, flushing the toilet, and other normal water usage activities. Eventually I went to bed. The next day I awoke and continued on with my normal before work routine washed a few more dishes, brushed my teeth, showered, the toilet got flushed another time or two. Shortly before I needed to leave for work I remembered my laundry and gathered up another load to be washed, and ventured downstairs. . .

And well crap. . . sadly quite literally. Seems the sewer backed up while the washing machine was running the night before, and all that water I'd been running since was now on my basement floor. Well the plumber came today and took care of the sewer, but that left me with the unpleasant job of cleaning up the aftermath. Not a happy day. Ah well things could be far worse.

Still I'm pretty sure that if I were to ever try to build me as a role-playing character I'd need to give myself some sort of flaw like nemesis: plumbing, or bad luck: plumbing. I wonder how many points I'd get for that?

I leave you with another picture I find amusing. The characters are from Fate/Stay Night, that's Tōsaka Rin on the left and Saber on the right. As for what they are doing it is a parody of the credits (the second opening credits I think, but I haven't seen the series so I don't actually know) of Blood+.Fate/Stay Night as Blood+

2 comments:

MJ said...

Hmm... maybe that's where all my water woes in my current apartment came from. You're just that unlucky that it rubbed off... And come to think of it, the upstairs toilet at my last apartment overflowed once, and got the router in the room below it wet and caused it to temporarily stop working... Hmm...

Cominius said...

I certainly hope my ill-luck with plumbing hasn't rubbed off on you, but I did suspect you'd be able to sympathize with me given your own recent misadventures with water in your apartment.