Sunday, February 18, 2007

A little light reading

A Princess of Mars
No earth shattering updates in my life this last week to report which overall is probably a good thing. The Eberron campaign on Monday was fun, and we'll be meeting again tomorrow. We should probably wrap up the current adventure (or so our DM has estimated). The process of remote gaming is proving surprisingly workable, even if the occasional technological issues are still somewhat annoying. All-in-all I'm quite happy with the experience thus far, and I am really enjoying being a player again. My own BESM campaign should meet again this coming Saturday an event I eagerly anticipate. I estimate my current BESM campaign will be concluded in another three to five sessions, and while I’m more then a little sad to see it end, I’m also filled with a fair amount of satisfaction over how it’s developed.

The Gods of MarsI’ve spent the majority of my free time this last week rereading many of David Weber’s Honor Harrington books. I also ran across LibriVox.org and its collection of public domain audio books, and promptly making use of its services I’ve enjoyed having Edgar Rice BurroughsA Princess of Mars read to me these last two days. I should start in on the The Gods of Mars in the next few days.

I also found time to watch some anime. I’m still keeping current with Bleach (episodes 114 and 115) and Busou Renkin (episodes 18 and 19). My research into the picture I used to end my post on 2/9 peaked my interest a bit so I’ve since watched the first six episodes of Blood+ (I’ll probably get around to watching a little of Fate/stay Night as well). Since I’ve only watched a few episodes I don’t have much to say about it yet, but I did find those six episodes to be pretty interesting. Over the last two weeks or so I’ve watched the Sumomomo Momomofirst four episodes of Sumomomo Momomo mainly because I wanted to do a little investigation into martial arts comedy anime with an eye towards some future BESM campaign (I’ll probably get around to checking out Shijou Saikyou no Deshi Kenichi at some point for the same reason). I’ve found it to be enjoyable enough that I imagine I’ll continue watching it. Last night I watched the first episode of Tokimeki Memorial Only Love and I find myself at a loss for what to say about it. I enjoyed it to be sure, but I don’t think I could describe it other then to say I have no idea what to expect from episode two (I will say that assuming the remaining episodes follow in the footsteps of the first episode I could be in for quite an enjoyable parody of high school romance anime).

Naruto ShippūdenFinally I watched the debut episode of Naruto Shippūden. I was surprised how easy it was for me to follow the action and guess what had transpired from where I left off watching Naruto and where Naruto had ended prior to the new series. The short (and somewhat unfair) description of those events would be not much. For the record I watched 82 episodes of Naruto prior to stopping leaving 138 episodes before the events of Naruto Shippūden, of course the last episode of Naruto based on the manga was 135 (and remember episode 101 is an omake and episodes 102-106 comprise the first of the anime only filler arcs) so I’ve watched a bit shy of two-thirds of the anime based on the manga, but still I think I should have had a few more questions about what was going on when I watched the new Naruto series. All that said I really did like Naruto Shippūden and look forward to watching some more of it.

It did not escape my notice that pitchers and catchers reported to spring training this week. Obviously there is still awhile to go until the season opens, but never-the-less the phrase spring training always makes me happy.

I leave you with the following video I ran across on YouTube:

No comments: