Saturday, August 26, 2006

So little sleep, huzzah for Turkish coffee!


Brass IbrikOkay this is going to be a short entry. I purchased City of Heroes last night. It is far too early to say what I think of the game overall, but the character creation is ridiculously fun. I’m not surprised that I found the chargen enjoyable, I’ve always been a fan of creating superheroes. I’ll always have fond memories of TSR’s Marvel Super Hero RPG for the fact that I spent hours and hours as a teenager creating superheroes with that game (I spent far more time creating characters for the game then I ever did actually playing it).

At any rate, I stayed up much too late last night playing my new game. I should have been preparing for a one off Shadowrun game I’m going to GM this afternoon. I’m pretty familiar with Shadowrun the setting, but we’ll be using the new 4th edition rules, which I’ve owned for a while now (got it not too long after it came out actually), I’ve even run a one off before using the rules, but I’ve never really sat down and read the book. I also haven’t sat down and prepared anything for this game. No I’m going to be winging it. If this were 3rd Edition Shadowrun I wouldn’t be as worried, if this were some version of D&D (any version really from 1st edition through 3.5) I just plain wouldn’t be worried, and if this were Big Eyes, Small Mouth then I would have just described the standard amount of preparation I’ve done for the majority of the fairly successful BESM campaign I’ve been running since January. Unfortunately this is none of those systems; nope this is 4th edition Shadowrun, the edition I know next to nothing about. So I am a bit worried.

Okay enough complaining. I’ve know since Tuesday that I’d be running Shadowrun instead of my usual BESM campaign this week, so I’ve got no one to blame but myself for poor time management. We will just have to see how it goes.

No comments: