Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Oh Noez! The WoW Screenshots!!

Yay! Epic flier!
This post could also be called Fast Mounts are Fast. Seriously getting Chipple her epic flying mount made me question how I could stand to have flown anywhere before. Not that the regular flying mount you can get at level 70 isn't very nice, because it is extremely useful, but damn is it slow. Slower, in fact, than the epic ground mount you can get at level 60, but that 3rd dimension of movement is so worth it.

As mentioned above, and as depicted in the picture I've acquired an epic flier for Chipple. A Purple Riding Nether Ray to be exact, and I love it. Well worth the grind to get the required gold (and in the case of the Nether Ray the required reputation with the Sha'tari Skyguard). Although I did cheat a little bit, I raised a bit more than 4200 gold myself, and Dan was nice enough to loan me the final 1000 gold. Thank you Dan. Thank you Dan. And did I mention thank you Dan.

Aside from the loan, the other thing that really helped me earn the required gold for the epic flier was patch 2.4. This patch raised the number of daily quests that a character can do per day from 10 to 25 (and also introduced the Isle of Quel'Danas and all the new daily quests found there), which made making money in WoW significantly easier for a level 70 character (given enough play time to actually complete these quests).

Yay! Epic ground mount.With this latest WoW accomplishment achieved, I promptly set to work rebuilding my gold reserves and purchased an epic ground mount for my hunter Steinthror. So Dan is going to have to wait for at least one more day before I start building up the money to pay him back, but since he knows where I live I doubt he's too terribly worried.

Of course now I need a new WoW goal. Well I have to pay Dan back, but that's not going to take very long. It might be time to start giving some of my alts a little love, as they did get neglected a bit while I was grinding gold to pay for my flier. And there are still plenty of factions left Chipple needs to improve her reputation with. I guess my immediate goals will probably be get her exalted with the Scryers , and raise her enchanting up to 375 (currently sitting at 335).

On a WoW related note, I recently (a month or so ago) got around to founding the vanity guild I'd been wanting to since shortly after I started playing WoW. So I leave you with a picture of Raffles, Guildmaster of <Gentleman Thief>. Anyone requiring or desiring an explanation can go here. Yay for inside jokes!

No comments: