Sunday, January 20, 2008

1 - 2 and threatening to go 2 -3

My new video card arrived yesterday. I wasn’t expecting it until Tuesday so the early arrival was a nice surprise. Installation went much more smoothly as compared to my new DVD drive. I haven’t actually played around too much on either WoW or City of Heroes to see if I can detect a noticeable improvement in performance. I have experimented a bit with running WoW at a higher resolution, and was happy to note my new card handled that with ease (whereas my old card didn’t much care for me doing such things). Otherwise I’ve caught myself thinking things like, “I believe that images are much sharper now that I’ve installed my new video card.” However I wonder how much of that is real and how much is self delusion, but in any event I’m pretty happy with my new card. On the new optical drive front, I’ve ordered what I believe are the requisite SATA cables, so come Tuesday I should be ready for round two of its installation process. I hope to be able to post about my crushing victory later that day.

I finished off Pretty Cure last week. I don’t really have anything more to say about it beyond what I’ve already posted. I will reiterate that it is an enjoyable magical girl series, and well worth watching if you like that sort of thing. I’ll very likely be checking out the second series Futari wa Pretty Cure Max Heart.

Spice and WolfLast night I watched the first two episodes of Spice and Wolf. I’m not sure what to make of this series yet, but I do think I’ll be watching episode three when it is available. The setting has a Western European, early Renaissance feel to it. The story seems to revolve around a traveling merchant named Craft Lawrence, and a Wolf Spirit/Harvest goddess named Horo who decides to travel with him because she feels the villagers whose fields she has been watching over have forsaken her. After two episodes not a whole lot has happened, but the premise remains interesting to me, so I’ll keep watching and see what develops.

No comments: