Saturday, July 07, 2007

Sweet Tradition

Art by: Niko Geyer
Hazzuh! It’s BESM day! In the cornucopia of geekiness that consists of my hobbies, role playing games are my favorite. If I’m posting about it that can only mean I’ve finished preparing for it (insert evil GM cackle). This could possibly be the final session of the campaign, although I suspect it is far more likely that it will take at least one (if not two) more session after this to wrap everything up. Honestly I find I’m horrible at estimating how many sessions are left, as I’ve been saying only 3-4 more sessions to go for the last 6+ months, but I can safely say the campaign has reached endgame.

Tradition is the reason I’m posting before this afternoon’s session. Well okay maybe superstition would be a more accurate word for it. I’ve just noticed that when I post about gaming before the actual event it tends to go very well. Where some gamers have lucky dice, I seem to have a lucky blog.

With the end of my current campaign rapidly approaching (probably), my thoughts naturally start turning to what I’m going to do next. Fortunately a fair amount of thought has already been put into this (way back in February, admittedly it’s been a bit ignored since then), and one of my players has been making increasingly serious noise about running something himself. I find this latter option pretty appealing, as I rarely get a chance to play, and since somebody has broken down and actually made a pass at creating a character for his hypothetical game I find I have little choice but to follow suit. Since I’ve had steampunk on the brain of late, and since his proposed game would be multi-genre madness, I’ve been thinking a steampunk mechanical genius would be quite fun to play. I’m also thinking this character will likely be female, which is an unusual choice for me (outside of MMORPGs); I blame the Girl Genius web comic (really for both the choice of gender and theme).

The above picture is by Niko Geyer and is one of several he did for Guardians of Order.

Before I go I would like to mention the Twins played a doubleheader against the White Socks yesterday (a rarity in MLB these days). They won both games (not an easy thing to do in a doubleheader), but looking at the scores (especially the first game) you might be tempted to think they opted to play football rather than baseball. Game one ended with the Twins winning 20-14 (a football score if I've ever seen one), and they won the second game 12-0 (admittedly that one would be a bit unusual for a football score but certainly possible).

Also it is Caturday so here is another lolcat I found posted on the Penny Arcade Alliance forum.Shoryuken

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HEY....my life is boring. let me know when you are going to be playing. If can get involved....and it is OK with the rest of the group, let me know. I will make the trip.

Your Move To The Twin Cities Advocate