Friday, March 30, 2007

Well this month kinda got away from me

I really didn’t mean to let a whole month go by without posting anything, but obviously those intentions were for naught. It’s not like I wasn’t up to anything during March, granted I wasn’t up to anything new, but I continued on with my usual activities meaning role playing and anime. You’ll forgive me if I touch on some of this only briefly.
The BESM campaign continues to go extremely well. I can see the end approaching, but I find I am repeatedly under estimating the number of remaining sessions. I’ve been thinking only three more to go for probably the last three sessions. We should be holding our next session April 14 assuming things go as planned there will be at least one more session after that (but given how things are taking longer then I think they will probably two more sessions). I suspect my players are enjoying themselves as much as I am if for no other reason then some of the interesting plans they come up with for their characters (for example). We did meet once for the Eberron campaign during March, and I look forward to continuing that, although I haven’t heard anything about that for a while now.
A little aside I’ve mentioned that one of the things my friends and I do when we gather to game is spend some time with the Wii first. Well this ritual lead some of my friends to ponder while bowling on Wii Sports, why don’t we actually go bowling for real. So we did just that. I broke 100 during our first game (quite good for me), and struggled to get to into the 50s during the second game (all in all pretty typical).

So anime. . .

I watched a great deal of it during March. Probably the most I’ve watched in a month since last November (I may well have exceeded the amount I watched in November). First off I’ve stayed current with the same shows I’ve been staying current with for a while now namely Bleach, Busou Renkin, and Naruto Shippuden. I started and finished My-HiME, Mai-Otome, Kanon (the 2006 version), Onegai Teacher (including OVA), and Kashimashi ~Girl Meets Girl~ (also including OVA). I also started (but not yet finished) BECK: Mongolian Chop Squad (18 of 26 episodes), Pumpkin Scissors (4 of 24 episodes), Kino's Journey (8 of 13 episodes), Kyo Kara Maoh! (25 of 78 episodes), and Doki Doki School Hours (15 of 20 episodes). I’ve continued watching Hunter × Hunter and am through all 62 TV episodes, the first 8 episode OVA, and 7 episodes of the second 8 episode OVA. I’ve also watched a few more episodes of Tokimeki Memorial Only Love.

I don’t know that I’ll do this tomorrow, but soon I think I’ll post my thoughts on Kanon and Kashimashi for sure, and probably something about My-HiME, and Mai-Otome after that. I only have one episode of Busou Renkin left to watch so I’m sure I’ll have something more to say about it once I’ve finished that series off as well.

No comments: