Thursday, December 21, 2006

Feeling Minnesota

Maaka Karin
Just a brief post tonight:
I am now officially a Minnesotan. Or at least I now have a valid Minnesota Driver's License. Honestly I've been a Minnesotan for some time, aside from three summers and one spring, I've lived in Minnesota since the fall of 1994, I've been paying Minnesota income tax since then, I've been voting in Minnesota since 1996 (to be fair I could have voted in Minnesota in 1994, but I cast an absentee ballot in my native South Dakota, because my father was running for a county office – he didn't win), and I haven't been a college student since 1999. So at the vary least I think you have to give me credit for being a Minnesotan since the second half of 1999, but now I feel all bureaucratically correct. I guess if I want to match the stereotype I'll have to start being nicer to people now.
I’m sure you are not surprised to hear I’ve been watching lots of anime, but I'm feeling a bit tired tonight so that will have to wait for another post. However I'll say this much. I finally caved in and watched Eureka Seven from where Adult Swim is at on through to the end. I lasted three maybe four weeks before doing so, not too bad on my part. Just tonight I started doing the same thing with Trinity Blood. On the advice of a friend (rather belatedly taken, but taken never the less) I watched Karin. I started it Sunday night after I got home from work, and I didn't stop until I had finished all 24 episodes. I seem to have a weakness for romantic comedy anime.
After a delay of two months, I've finally responded to Erik's most recent move.
30.   Bb3      Re2
31.   Bc4      Rc2
32.   Rac1     ...

No comments: